Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 4: Kissing Daddy

Brook was very happy to see me this morning, and greeted me with tail wags! She seems to understand that each time I enter the bathroom (where she has to stay until the kennel cough is gone) it means something good; a bowl of wet food, petting, or even another foot massage!

She actually stood up on her own and came to see me when I crouched down. She does not want to walk outside of the bathroom yet, so I put the leash on her collar and carry her out into the front yard. She walked around quite a bit today, and even wandered to the side yard. She laid down and then heard the neighbor's dog bark; she didn't seem to care about it, and just looked at the dog like it was silly (after all, it was before 6am!). I picked her up again and brought her back near the sidewalk leading to the front door. She wandered around in a circle, sniffing the rocks and bushes and then went potty again. She is starting to pick up on this routine. We kept walking around the front yard and then she even walked from the bottom of the driveway all the way up and into the house!

After Dave & I took the other 3 dogs for our usual morning walk, he went to check on Brook. He was also greeted with tail wags and she kissed his hand. I believe Brookie has won daddy over!

No comments:

Post a Comment