Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 5 - Wow! Much better

Well, just to make sure that everyone realizes there is hard work involved with caring for a sick/neglected animal, even though it is extremely rewarding, I woke up this morning to the largest poops I have ever seen come out of a medium sized dog!!

At least Brook feels better. Going on at least 5 days without needed to poop is never good, and even though she is very thin, she has been eating regular meals twice a day. I believe she was afraid to go in the bathroom where she currently stays, even if she couldn't hold it anymore, because her bed is in there.

Yesterday I came across a great deal on Craig's List to get two wood/plastic baby gates for $10 total...so I jumped at that offer. We not only needed a way to keep our dogs out of the cat's room (dogs like cat poop...yuck!), but thought we could offer Brook a little more space and room to roam if we have a way to keep her separate from our healthy dogs. Dave arranged the two gates in the hallway last night, so Brook can now move between the bathroom to the bedroom across the hallway. She slept in that room last night and this morning was walking around very happy (besides the poop incident). I made sure not to say anything or tell her not to go potty inside, because what other choice did she have?! I am just glad that everything 'looked normal'!

So after cleaning up our little 'accident' on the carpet, we ventured outside (me carrying Brookie over the 2 baby gates) into the front yard. Brook was much more interested in her surroundings and walked around through the gravel and onto the driveway. She then sat down and looked at me before she cautiously jumped up and placed her front paws on my leg. What a sweet gesture!

Dave ran inside to get the camera to capture our morning adventure :-)


So we walked around this morning...


And even stood up!


But then it was time to take a rest :-)

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, I LOVE this blog! I just now came across it on Craigslist but hadn't seen the original post until I read it on your blog here. I have now bookmarked it to keep up with how Brook and all of you are doing :)

    There should be more people like you on earth. It brought tears to my eyes, and she's such a beautiful, sweet looking dog! I'm so glad she has a second chance :)

    Thank you for all your hard work, love and patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cara! It keeps me going to hear from people like you, too :-)

    ReplyDelete