Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 2: Saturday (5-16-09)

We had an appointment with our veterinarian on Saturday morning. The vet said temperature, heart rate, and lungs were all normal. Thankfully the kennel cough is only in her head and throat, so she gets 2 weeks of antibiotics. She finally peed yesterday morning after holding it for about 17 hours. I mentioned to the vet that I was concerned about her not having to 'go', and she said, "Well her bladder is full, but she'll go when she can't hold it anymore." Sure enough, after we got to our next destination that morning, she belly-crawled under the door of my car and then went for about a minute straight...poor thing!

She accompanied my mother-in-law and me to my appointment with the lymphatic therapist (old sports injury that I am getting help with). Brook slept on a towel on the floor and at the end of my appointment, the therapist even spent a few minutes massaging Brookie! She still won't really walk, but has stood up to eat, so we are making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment