Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 3: Sunday (05-17-09)

Sunday morning, I took her out front and she walked to the gravel, squatted, and went potty. Then she laid down again, but after I picked her up, she sat next to me on the sidewalk for a while...just observing the birds. She didn't really shake and seemed okay with the whole thing.

Brook has decided she is good with standing up to eat. After eating though, she usually has a coughing spell, but thankfully that has not diminished her appetite!

I think part of the reason Brook doesn't want to walk is because the pads on her feet are so dry and almost cracked that it must hurt. My guess is that she was dumped by someone after they bred her. It appears as though she has had a litter of puppies. It is amazing there aren't more things physically wrong with her, especially if that is how she ended up at animal control.

So Brookie has gotten a nice foot massage and really enjoyed it. I used this non-petroleum jelly...safe for animals...purchased a little while back from this holistic animal store. When I moved from her right front paw to the left one, she picked up her right foot and tapped me with it :-)

Then she sat up and ate all of her dry food. I think tonight we will try going outside again and see if she feels like walking a little bit.

Also, as you can see from the photo, Brook is now comfortable enough to roll over and expose her belly. She really enjoys tummy rubs, so we'll keep those coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment